Grocery delivery makes shopping easier for those of us with special food needs. More and more people are counting calories, want to stay organic, or require gluten-, peanut-, or dairy free foods. Others may need to stay kosher.
Virginia's grocery delivery service makes it so easy to pick your groceries based on this criteria. Here's how to use it.
Order Groceries For Delivery Based On Calorie Count
Face it - counting calories and exercising is the only way to lose weight. Everyting else is just a gimmick. Here's how to order food for delivery based on calorie count.
If you're looking for ways to view organic, gluten free, dairy free or kosher, please skip this section and jump to the next section below.
1) Click on the Manage Filter link in the top center of the page.
2) Next, click the Create New Plan link.
3) Select "calories" under "Amount Per Serving".
4) Next, enter in the number of calories you want to stay under.
5) Notice the green circle on the confirmation screen. This icon will appear next to any food that meets the criteria you set above.
6) When you are picking groceries for delivery, make sure the Use My Eating Plan box is checked near the top of the page.
7) Now, when you search for groceries for delivery or shop by aisle, you will see the green circle icon next to any item that is low calorie!
Ordering Organic, Gluten Free, Kosher, Dairy Free, Peanut Free, Etc Groceries For Delivery
1) As in step 1 above, click the Manage My Filter link, and then the Create New Plan link.
2) Check near the bottom of the Plans box under "Other".
3) Select the type of groceries you would like flagged, according to your dietary needs. Then, confirm the choice.
4) When grocery shopping online, make sure the Use My Plan box is checked.
5) By default, a green circle icon will appear next to any grocery that meets your filter criteria. You can go back into your plan and change the icon later, if you want.
Here's what an item looks like that meets the "organic" criteria. Notice the green circle:
So much easier than reading through labels at the local supermarket!